Please familiarise yourselves with the content of this website page and visit it regularly for updates.
A simple and easy to understand guide to how ESNZ testing works.
The purpose of this Medication Logbook is to serve as a record of each and every medication given to the horse from the FEI Prohibited Substance List (published 5th April 2010). The completion of this Logbook is a compulsory requirement for all horses registered with the FEI and competing in FEI competition.
The purpose of this database is to help you identify which substances are prohibited under FEI regulations. Information such as substance definition, common usage and common trade names are available. You must be aware that the list of trade names is not exhaustive but it reflects the most popular trade names in certain countries. The trade names used may be different in your country therefore it is imperative you always use the database to check for active substances rather than trade names.
FEI List of Detection Times
Approximate detection times for which a drug (or its metabolite) remains in a horse’s system such that it can be detected by the laboratory. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS ONLY A GUIDE.
The 2012 Athlete Handbook will provide athletes with knowledge about the following:
· 2012 WADA Prohibited List.
· Important reminders for athletes requiring medical treatment.
· Guidance for asthma sufferers.
· Guidance when applying for TUEs.
· Sample Collection information.
· Travel tips for athletes and support staff.
· Contact details for DFSNZ and other Anti-Doping organisations around the globe.
This pamphlet contains useful information for all athletes who are subject to doping control - Urine Sampling. Contents of the pamphlet include:
· Athlete Rights and Responsibilities
· Sample Collection Procedures
· Results Management and Analysis
· Important contact details for Drug Free Sport NZ
The 2012 Athlete Wallet Guide has been designed as a quick reference guide that athletes can carry everywhere with them in their wallets. The Guide includes:
· Contact Details for DFSNZ including services for checking medications.
· Quick guide on the status of some medications for common ailments.
· A Tear-off Sports check card for athletes to show all medical professionals who treat them.